Submission of Abstracts
Deadline: 1 May 2020
The Organising Committee invites submission of abstracts to be considered for oral or poster presentation (please indicate your preference). Authors are requested to follow the instructions clearly.
Please structure abstracts as follows (those that do not conform to this structure will be returned):
- Maximum of 250 words in MS Word (Excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations)
- English, Font: 12pt, single line spacing – all lines Left aligned except Title
- No graphs, figures, diagrams or tables permitted
- It is not necessary to include references
- Abstract layout:
– First line (1 line only): Title in bold
Subsequent text all left aligned
– Second line (1 line only): Authors surname followed by initials or first name
Underline presenting author
Indicate corresponding author with *
– Third and fourth line (if necessary): Affiliation/institution in italics. Maximum two lines
– Next line: * followed by email address of corresponding author
(will be published)
– Leave the next line blank – Body of the abstract: No line breaks between paragraphs
Start first line with title of paragraph in bold
Research Abstract Paragraph Headings:
- Method (should include a statement regarding the ethics)
- Conclusion (must be derived from the Result)
Supporting Documents Required – to be uploaded during Online Submission:
Original Word doc version of your abstract adhering to the above layout
A copy of your research ethics committee letter of permission
A statement from the authors certifying that all ethical requirements were adhered to and all authors approved the final version of the abstract
Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee who reserve the right to accept and allocate abstracts for either poster or oral presentation. The official language of the conference is English. There will be selected oral presentations. Presenters will be notified by 18 May 2020 if their abstract has been accepted. All presenters of accepted abstracts must be registered as congress delegates. Early registration fees will apply.
Upon acceptance of abstracts, members of the CCSSA are eligible to apply for consideration of partial funding from their local CCSSA branch.
Only selected accepted abstracts will be published in The Southern African Journal of Critical Care.